Resources & Forms
Contacts and Office Hours
Undergraduate Experience Coordinator
Available daily for walk-in office hours in Uris 492 inside the Economic Undergrad Lounge; Brooke will occasionally be in meetings, so it's best to email or call 607-255-5134 before stopping by. Email email@example.com to request an appointment.
Prof. George Jakubson
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Office Hours: By appointment
426 Uris Hall or
email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
Prof. Jennifer Wissink
Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies
Office Hours: Monday 2:00-3:30pm, Tuesday 3:00-4:30pm, or by appointment
468 Uris Hall or
email email@example.com to request an appointment
Major, Minor, and Transfer Credit Forms
Course of Study and Forbidden Overlaps
Policy on Full Economics Courses
What to know if you are unable to add a course during pre-enrollment, due to it being full:
- There is no “one size fits all” for this situation.
- Typically you will be asked to wait until the Add/Drop period for that particular semester opens, and then you can try to enroll again.
- If you are still unable to add the course yourself using the online system during the Add/Drop period for that particular semester, keep trying! Due to course shopping, the enrollments in economics courses fluctuate quite a bit at the start of each semester.
- Ask the course instructor for his/her policy on getting into the particular course, and follow his/her instructions if there are any.
- If the course instructor gives you permission to join the class, you should complete the Arts & Sciences online add/drop form here: https://as.cornell.edu/registrar#forms. Be sure to read the instructions before submitting.
- Immediately after you complete the add/drop form, you should send an email in the following format to the instructor of the course, requesting them to send their permission to the Econ Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS), who makes the final decision on the online add/drop form. Note that you may face delays if you do not follow this format exactly and that you should forward the instructor's permission note to firstname.lastname@example.org if they forget to cc the Econ DUS in their reply to you:
Subject: Permission to add ECON [Course Number]
Dear Professor [Name],
As per our earlier conversation, please respond to this email (cc to email@example.com) with your permission to add ECON [Course Number] [Course Title] LEC [Number] DIS [Number] on [Days of the Week] at [Meeting Time].
[Your Name and NetID]
- Even if an instructor gives you permission to add a course, the Econ DUS makes the final decision based on considerations of the department as a whole.
- For Gateway Courses (Econ 1110 and Econ 1120) especially, consider taking the course in a future semester, winter term, or over the summer. Many options are available. The Director of Undergraduate Studies can advise on this. Also see: https://economics.cornell.edu/major#policy-for-intro-course-credit.