Resources & Forms
You are here
Requirements for Admission to the Economics Major Updated
After a department review of the requirements for admission to the economics major, the faculty have voted to update the grade requirements for students who matriculate at Cornell after June 1, 2017.
Before applying for admission to the Economics Major, students must complete:
- ECON 1110 and ECON 1120 (or equivalents), with grades of B- or better and
- MATH 1110 (or equivalent), with a grade of C or better.
Credits for ECON 1110, ECON 1120 and Math 1110 must be shown on your Cornell University Transcript. There are no exceptions to these rules. Once these requirements are met, students can click here to apply to the major.
Students who matriculated at Cornell before June 1, 2017 who wish to declare the major, will be held the original grade requirements of C or better for ECON 1110, ECON 1120 and MATH 1110 (or equivalents).
If you have any questions about the requirement update, please email Prof. George Jakubson, Director of Undergraduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contacts & Office Hours
Summer Office Hours
|Prof. George Jakubson:||
|Prof. Jennifer Wissink:||
|Sarah Louise Schupp:||
Major, Minor, and Transfer Credit Forms
- Click here for the Major Worksheet
- Click here for the Major Application Form
- Click here for the Arts & Sciences Credit From Another Institution Form
- Click here for the Minor Worksheet
- Click here for the Minor Interest Form
- Click here for the Minor Certification Form