Support Cornell Economics
Dear Alumni and Friends of Cornell Economics,
The tools and insights of economics are critical to developing a better understanding of the world around us and to the productivity of a workforce that is increasingly skill-dependent. The value of strong economics training has never been higher for our students and for society. Through giving, you can help us reach our goals of supporting innovative research and creating a vibrant academic community by sponsoring our subject area workshop series, undergraduate research assistant program, and the addition of active learning initiatives into our curriculum. Larger gifts can endow a graduate student fellowship and support the department’s recruitment of top-notch faculty. Whether your gift is large or small, a donation to Cornell Economics will be put to good use and make a difference for our learning community.
Meaningful Ways To Give: Supporting Our Faculty
While the Economics Department has wonderful faculty, students and staff, this is a time of great change for us as many of our treasured faculty retire. It will be challenging to replace so many top-notch scholars, colleagues, and friends, but it also is an exciting opportunity to invest in the next generation of economists who will form the foundation of the Department’s future. Although there will be many new faces in the years to come, our commitment to being at the forefront of research and teaching will not change.
Your Generous Gift Could Support:
- The recruitment of innovative faculty
- Retention efforts to keep top-notch economists at Cornell
- Purchasing updated technology to aid in the creation and dissemination of faculty research
Undergraduate And Graduate Research
Your donation can :
- Fund a 15-week research project during the academic year, allowing an economics major to conduct research under the supervision of a faculty member
- Help us offer more summer undergraduate research experiences
- Purchase data sets or subject payments for a student’s economics honor thesis.
Your Generous Gift Could Also Fund:
- T.W.I.P.S. - “The Works In Progress Seminar” which allows economics graduate students to present their research in an informal setting to other members of the graduate community
- An interview specialist for Ph.D. students on the market
- Graduate student travel to present research at a conference
- A math review course for new Ph.D. students, allowing them to better prepare for classes
Donate to Cornell Economics
Thank you for supporting Cornell Economics!
Donald C. Opatrny '74 Chair of the Economics Department