Congratulations to our 2022 Economics Graduates!
Please read on for more information about the timing for the Department of Economics Commencement Ceremony and how to proceed to the stage to receive your diploma.
Bartels Hall, Ramin Room
Saturday, May 28, 2022
Check-In Starts: 3:45pm
Ceremony Starts: 4:30pm
For information about the Commencement Weekend click here.
Click here for more Ph.D. and M.A. graduation information from the Graduate School.
R.S.V.P. for the Economics Ceremony:
All students should R.S.V.P. for the Economics Commencement Ceremony via a survey link sent to you on April 14. If you did not receive a survey link, please contact Allison Barrett, Economics Undergraduate Experience Coordinator, at email@example.com
After the Schoellkopf Field Ceremony:
After the festivities in Schoellkopf Field, please head directly across the street to Bartels Hall. If you or any of your guests have a yellow pass for mobility issues, they will be given instructions in advance for driving from the Hoy Parking Garage to a parking lot adjacent to Bartels Hall. Please make sure that someone in your family has requested an accessibility plan for special seating and parking accommodations if any of your guests have any mobility issues
Once you arrive at Bartels Hall, proceed to the check-in table that corresponds with the first letter of your last name to get your graduation index card. KEEP THIS CARD WITH YOU! The card identifies you for our photographers and lists your name pronunciation. Enter the Ramin Room and enjoy some light refreshments. Find your seat number, and be seated by 4:25pm. The ceremony will start promptly at 4:30pm.
Ph.D. and M.A. Student Check-In:
Once you arrive at Bartels Hall, proceed to the Information Table to get your graduation index card. KEEP THIS CARD WITH YOU! The card identifies you for our photographers and lists your name pronunciation. Enter the Ramin Room and enjoy some light refreshments. Find your seat number, and be seated by 4:25pm. The ceremony will start promptly at 4:30pm.
General Order of Events:
- Department Chair Greeting
- Awarding of Undergraduate Prizes
- Graduation Message
- Awarding of Diplomas
- Closing Remarks
Awarding of Undergraduate Prizes:
If you are receiving an Economics Prize (congratulations!), please locate your seat then line up on the right-hand side of the stage area before the ceremony begins. A graduation marshal (wearing a red t-shirt) will be there to greet you. The department chair, Prof. Lovenheim, will say a few welcoming words, and then a faculty member will come onstage to announce the prizes. Please proceed to the stage, shake his or her hand, receive your prize, and then stand on the risers for a group photo of all the prize-winners. Once the photographer has taken the photos, walk back to your seat.
The department chair, Prof. Lovenheim, will give the graduation message. Make sure to listen for facts about your class - some of them might sound familiar.
Awarding of Diplomas:
Graduate students will be announced first by Prof. Barseghyan; then Prof. Jakubson will come onstage to announce the undergraduates. Click here for a mock-up of the Ramin Room layout.
- A Graduation Marshal will motion your row to stand and exit to the right-hand side of the stage. You will need to file out quickly towards the stage. Make room for your fellow graduates!
- As your row lines up, a graduation marshal will take your graduation index card. Please have your index card ready for the marshals as you line up. A marshal will deliver your index card to Prof. Jakubson.
- A photographer will take a quick snapshot before/as your name is called.
- Prof. Jakubson will call your name, and you will proceed past the risers toward Prof. Lovenheim who will hand you your certificate (Your diploma will be mailed to you). While this happens, a photographer will take a candid photo of you.
- After you cross the stage, you will be directed toward the back of the room to the last photograph opportunity. This staged studio shot will allow you to hold your certificate (and smile) in front of a background and floral arrangement.
- You will walk back down the aisle to your seat. Marshals will help guide you down the path. All guests will remain seated until the last person crosses the stage.
Once everyone has been recognized, Prof. Lovenheim will give very brief final remarks. After a final round of applause, the program will end around 5:45pm.
We ask that guests wait until after the ceremony has ended to move about and take photos. After the ceremony, feel free to use the risers or the backdrop/floral arrangements for photos.
Guests will be seated in the first, third, and last seating sections from the North side of the Ramin Room. The second section is assigned seating for faculty and graduates. Seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you or one of your guests needs a seating accommodation (e.g. space for a wheelchair or an aisle seat), please let us know as soon as possible. You can communicate seating needs via the commencement survey or by emailing Allison Barrett, Economics Undergraduate Experience Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your will be emailed a link from GradImages a few days after the ceremony to view your photos.
Thanks for attending the Economics Commencement Ceremony! We are so proud of your hard work and dedication! This summer, you will receive your first alumni edition of Ezranomics from the Economics Department. Please stay in touch via our Facebook Page, Twitter Page, and LinkedIn Group.
Please email Allison Barrett at email@example.com if you have any concerns about the ceremony or your survey.